The Curtis Coast Literary Carnivale is organised by voluntary representatives from schools in the Gladstone Regional Council area, Gladstone Regional Libraries, and community members who include: Robyn Sheahan-Bright (President), Sue Norris (Secretary/Treasurer), Peter Cramb, Pamela Whitlock, Janelle Gibson, Chris McMaster, Linda Ryan, Sandra Vince, Janelle Roy, Kathryn Apel, Trudy Zussino, Fiona Binney and Merilyn Daley.
The Curtis Coast Literary Carnivale strives to:
- Promote the love of literature through exposing the Curtis Coast community to a diverse group of renowned Australian authors and illustrators
- Provide opportunities to meet with and engage in discussions with authors and illustrators
- Strengthen diverse community partnerships and enable community ownership while promoting the Port Curtis area
- Offer the community a chance to explore all elements of literature including the steps involved in writing, illustrating and publishing
- Extend understanding of and ability to make decisions about authorship and illustration as a possible career path opportunity